Logo Logo

Fondazione Prada Venezia

Fondazione Prada
Ca’ Corner della Regina
Calle de Ca’ Corner
Santa Croce 2215
30135 Venezia
Italy
Website / Email
Opening hours:
Wed - Mon 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Tue. closed

Fondazione Prada, co-chaired by Miuccia Prada and Patrizio Bertelli since 1995, is an institution in Milan dedicated to contemporary art and culture. Its international program includes cutting-edge exhibitions conceived in dialogue with major contemporary artists like Louise Bourgeois, Walter De Maria, Thomas Demand and John Baldessari, as well as other cultural activities related to cinema, philosophy, and architecture.

In 2011, Fondazione Prada opened its Venetian headquarters and exhibition space at Ca’ Corner della Regina, a historic palazzo on the Grand Canal.

Ca’ Corner della Regina was built between 1724 and 1728 by Domenico Rossi for the Corner family of San Cassiano. The interior decorations were completed at the end of the 18th century with frescoes by Constantino Cedini, Vincenzo Colomba and Domenico Fossati.

In 1800, the palazzo became property of Pope Pius VII, who assigned it to the Congregation of the Padri Cavanis. Until 1969, it hosted the Monte di Pietà, whereas between 1975 and 2010 it became the home of the ASAC – the Historical Archive of Contemporary Art of the Venice Biennale.

The preservation and restoration program of Ca’ Corner della Regina is developing in several phases. The first was completed in May 2011. Since then the Fondazione Prada, has launched 4 exhibitions until today.

On the occasion of the exhibition “Art or Sound” (7 June - 3 November 2014), a new exhibition space of the 800 sq m on the second piano nobile is employed for the first time, in addition to the large decorated rooms on the first floor.

(From the institution's website and other sources)

 

Museums & Art Centers

Museums and collections of contemporary art and art history, and major art centers in Venice - information and photo tours.


Related Content:

16
7 June - 3 Nov. 2014, Fondazione Prada, Venice. Curator: Germano Celant. The relationship between art and sound from the 16th century to the present. July 2014
Back to Top